Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"You took the steps"

You leave me behind,
and yet you're the one with tears in your eyes.
If it hurts so much, then why?
Why'd you say goodbye?

I look at the sky tonight,
After all the fights,
and pain we go through in our lives.
I still need to open my eyes.

We used to watch the sunset
in two different places.
Didn't know I had a friend
with two different faces.

Do you know who you are?
Even after all the lies.
I think you went way too far.
You've broken all of your ties.

And now you blame me
for leaving you
when you took the steps
and followed through.

Now the flame in our eyes has flickered out
And our friendship's foundation has turned to ash.
I'm taught to live without a doubt.
Things can change in a flash.

So go ahead and blame it all on me,
The destruction of your dignity.
Our friendship was as fake as can be.
And now I see

No comments:

Post a Comment